Wednesday 12 January 2011

Evaluation










Title of the film

The title of my film is called anonymous because there are a number of shots in my film that present features of knowing the unknown. Previously my title was to be named the unknown, but I felt that it noticed the obvious in my film. So I decided to call it anonymous. The font of my film, I decided to go with black writing but shadowed it with a white background. Using this, I thought it was bold and able to catch the eye of the viewer. 



Setting/location

For my film I decided to film it a house. The reason for my choice was because I wanted it to look as realistic as it could, so that when the audience were viewing, they instantly captured that it was set in a house. Although the house setting worked well for my movie, I do believe that if I had kept held of my time management better would have thought of more realistic places to film. Also, one disadvantage of filming in a house was the lighting was not as bright as I wanted it to be. Therefore things I could consider for next time around is considering on how I could make the setting or location brighter or how to angle the camera better so it captures the light of where the actor is acting. 



Costumes/props

The use of costume in my film was, again, modern time wear. For example my actor whore the basic jeans and a t-shirt as she was at home and did not need much detail to the clothing worn. Another thing I used for my film was the use of props. As for the other actor, who was unseen at the end, I decided to have the actor costumed in all black clothes. The reason for this was to hopefully portray the dark, unaware of the known feeling, as well as set an atmosphere as frightening and to create a cliff-hanger about was is about to happen next. 

As for every film there are props used to initiate the idea of the film. The few props that i used in my film were props such as:
            Laptop
Telephone
Sofa
Door
Curtains
House
All of the props mentioned above were very important for my film because the props positioned made a setting for my film also it built the set to look more authentic rather than looking unrealistic. 



Camerawork/Editing

Camerawork - In My Film, I noticed that my film had stayed at one level. To me I thought an improvement there would have been to involve more levels and movement. Perhaps, created a dimension throughout the film. However I did managed to add a few camera angles such as a wide and close up shot. Involving shots as the one mentioned help pick up the dynamic of the feel, as noticed, my film being on one level. 

Another Thing which contributed to my camerawork was the use of a tripod. For my some of my frames I needed a steady camera angle, in which the tripod was of help. 

Editing - To edit my film I used the application Abode Pro Premiere where a range of features helped me produce my film. Features such as

            
             Cutting 
Unlinking
Importing
Adding Videos 
Sound 
Effects.

Using These features helped me develop my film and build the concept.




Title Font And Style

The use of title fonts in my filmed were all the same apart from the one at the end. Throughout the film my titles were all white on black but i added a red glow outline. I did this because i felt it popped right out the page and also it was bold enough for viewers to see. Also because the theme of my film was horror i thought that the red outline would match the theme.



Story and how the opening sets it up 

I used the clock as an opening because it sets the time. So for example the time was almost midnight which would instantly tell viewers that it was late and something out of the ordinary was about out happen. Also Showing the clock created more of an scary atmosphere. 


Genre and how the opening suggests it



The genre i wanted to create was an scary atmosphere. Hence the clock at the beginning. I thought framing the clock at the beginning would set the scene simply because it showed the audience that it was going to midnight which may suggest that its dark and something daunting was about to happen. This also help me set tension right at the beginning another feature which helped me portray my film as scary. 



How characters are introduced 

In my film, I presented my first character sitting down in the living room. I did this because i wanted to present this frame as an ordinary scene, similarly to an everyday setting. I thought presenting the character like this would not instantly reveal the storyline or reveal what was about to happen. 

As for my other character i decided to present him differently, almost a contrast. This character was viewed in all black, which highlights the darkness, imtimdatining. Also because his face is covered, this hints the unknown. 



Special Effects

Although I didn’t use many special effects, there was a special effect used on my film. This may have been the pitch I used to pitch the scream at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment